Thursday, October 07, 2010

Sticks, Buttons and My Paper Treehouse

Everyone that knows me .... knows that I love buttons!!  I almost always add buttons to my layouts or albums.  How did I become the button lady?  I inherited it from my mama.  My mom was a very talented lady, she could make anything out of yarn, paper or fabric.  My mom would make all our sweaters and dresses for my sisters and I. 

This is one of my prized possessions, I have it hanging in my scraproom to give me inspiration and to remind me of my mama.


My sister Rebecca made this for my Birthday.  My twin sisters are very talented, they turned out like Mom.






I had the white rose on a dress my mom made me in high school



The little elephant button use to be on one of daughter's sweaters that mom made for her

So when I received My Paper Treehouse kit I was challenged to use some popsicle  sticks that came in my kit.  Now this is why I love monthly kits ... I would never have thought of using sticks in my projects, but here I had some in my kit so I racked my brain and knew that I wanted to add buttons.

This is what I came up with.  Now this is just a seak peek because this album is taking longer than I originally thought so here is what I have done so far.


I made large tags that go into the pockets


I added my sticks which I painted and my fabric from my kit to decorate the tag "handle"

Of course I had to add some buttons

I took a break to show you what I have done so far, so I still have a couple hours till I have to run errands.  Back to work for me, I hope to have my album finished by tomorrow.  Keep checking back, and if you have any questions ... dont be shy.  Also check out my paper tree house online to buy the monthly kits.  This September kit is loaded with the Crate Paper School Spirit Collection.

2 comments:

  1. love your button wreath, and wow such a creative use of the popsicle sticks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wreath is so creative :o) How cool to have bits of your childhood like that!
    The stick idea is ingenious! Not only does it give a great lil journal spot...but it will keep the edge of the tags nice and sturdy. LOVE the hanging buttons too :o)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...