Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Inspired Art Canvas with Art Anthology



Hi - Today I am sharing a little piece of canvas art.  This month Art Anthologyhas challenged our Design Team ladies to be “inspired” by an Artist that you admire.  I chose to be inspired by Cori Dantini.  I love her whimsical view of nature and her choice of colors.
I started off with Art Anthology’s new texture paste “mud”.  I love the smoothness of this medium and it also gave me the texture I was looking for to start my layering process.
Art_Anthology_Kitsnbitscraps_owl_art2
My first layer was some pretty vellum that I tore and adhered to my blank canvas.  I then sprayed some colorations “salted caramel” and the new Fairy Dust: “Gilded Gold” 
Art_Anthology_Kitsnbitscraps_owl_art3
Next I took out some water color paper and started to sketch my owl.
Art_Anthology_Kitsnbitscraps_owl_art4
Art_Anthology_Kitsnbitscraps_owl_art6
Art_Anthology_Kitsnbitscraps_owl_art7
Art_Anthology_Kitsnbitscraps_owl_art9
I cut out my sketch drawing and glued it to the top of my canvas.  Next I had to use some more colorations around the image to “blend” it in.  I also used some water color pencils.  To outline some of my drawing I used my Faber Castel pit pen.
Art_Anthology_Kitsnbitscraps_owl_art10
Art_Anthology_Kitsnbitscraps_owl_art13
Lastly, I added some prima flowers, cut out leaves from corrugated colorations sprayed board and a leaf I cut out of my vellum.  Along the edges I added sorbet “Vegas Gold”
Thank you for stopping by and come back to see what my team members at Art Anthology will design for you next.
10250874_10152030645366451_1418686337_n
Art Anthology Product Used:
Colorations: Patience, Paprika, Glorious, Salted Caramel, Cinnamon Toast, Hottie, Heart, Gold  Sorbet: Vegas Fairy Dust: Gilded Gold, Dazzle; Dimensional Crystal: Guava;  Tools: Craft mat; Paste:  Mud

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...