Sunday, January 15, 2012

7 Gypsies Photo Tray and Monthly Kit

Altered items make great gifts. I made this photo tray for my niece, who is all grown up now. I thought it would be nice for her to have a picture of her and her mom (my sister) when she was only 9 months old.

I used the Paper Niche Monthly design team kit for January. It is full of paper and embellishments. The 7 Gypsies 4x6 Photo Tray was not included in the kit, but I’ve wanted to make a photo tray for a long time and thought it would make a great birthday gift for my niece.

I used mostly the Glitz Girls “Vintage Blue” collection which was included in my kit as my back ground 4x6 matts. Then I added the peek-a-boos transparencies to give my background an easy and pretty extra layer and pattern. I then used the October Afternoon Farmhouse “clothesline”paper and cut out the flags, and added pretty ribbon to string along the front of the tray.



 
The journaling card is from Prima and the background from Glitz Designs. The flowers are prima also. The key was given to me at CHA but can't remember what booth.

 
The poem on the upper right is from the Glitz Design peek-a-boo vintage blue collection.

You should try making a photo tray; it was fast and I think makes a great gift. One tip I can give you on the photo tray is to "pop" up your matted photos. Happy Scrapping.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...