Wednesday, September 24, 2014

BOY Play and Leaky Shed Studio



Hi, I have my page featured over at Leaky Shed Studio.  Please go on over and take a look.

So I ran across this picture of my nephew Kit when he was around 4.  My sisters and I were at our neighborhood park in S. California.  We took some photos of our children and I thought this picture of my nephew is so dang cute that I had to use it for a layout.

 
The first thing I did besides picking out my photo was to figure out the colors I wanted to use.  I chose brown to give the layout a "boy" look, I chose yellow to bring out the "duck" in my photo and I added gold to soften the dark brown.  Next I chose my Leaky Shed Studio chipboard pieces.
 
BOY spelled out using the Leaky Shed Studio Alphabet:
 
 
 
 
 
 
I painted the letters black with acrylic paint.  After it was dry I layered on Tim Holtz Rock Candy to distress and crackle the words.  I used extra Rock Candy and put a heat gun to it.  The Rock Candy is more subtle than the Ranger "crackle" paint which is white.  I then added a Leaky Shed Studio gear to the "O" for a little more pizzazz.  





 
For the Putman Bird I reversed the direction and painted a base coat of white acrylic.  Then I used a semi thick brush to "glob" the tip of my brush against the chipboard.  This method gave me a thicker layer and I think it made it look "softer" than a regular brush stroke.  So I painted the bird belly yellow to match the "duck" that my nephew was riding.  I then added a layer of gold that bled into the yellow and gave more of transition to the black top "feathers" of the bird.  After which, I added lots of Rock Candy and heat to crackle the paint

 
 
 
For the gears I first painted them metallic gold.  Then I slowly added Stampendous mica gold pieces.

 
 
 I hope you enjoyed my layout today, thank you for stopping by, happy scrapping
 
 
Leaky Shed Studio Products Used:
Fancy Cap Alpha
Putman Bird
Gear Set
 
Other Products Used:
Deco Art, Ranger Industries, Prima Marketing, I am Roses, Outlet Eyelets, Colorbox, Zutter, Buttons Galore, American Crafts, Stampendous Mica Paper Trunk


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...